In order for your group to visit the District Court, the following policy must be observed:
- Group size is limited to no more than thirty (30).
- Groups may not appear unsupervised without teacher, instructor or parent.
- All groups must pass through metal detection screening. Cellular phones and all other electronic recording devises are prohibited.
- When entering/exiting the courthouse or courtroom, please do so in a quiet, orderly fashion. No talking is allowed in the courtrooms and no food or drink is permitted.
- Court sessions generally begin at 9:00 a.m.
- Groups are requested to be in place at 9:00 a.m.
- The teacher/instructor or parent must report to the Administrator.
- The group should assemble inside the building in the main lobby and will be greeted by the Chief Court Officer.
- The group will be directed to the courtroom(s) in session for observation.
- The group is asked to sit in the first row of the courtroom, unless otherwise directed by court personnel.
- The District Judges may or may not be able to talk to your group. They have a schedule to follow and will try to meet your needs if possible.
- Limited tours are given of the courthouse.
- Please keep in mind these limitations will assist with the security of the courthouse and the security of the visitors.
Preparing for a Courtroom Visit
What to Expect When Visiting a Courtroom